Reporting to the Manager, the Intermediate Accountant is responsible for the management, development and administration of a portfolio of clients under the direction of the Manager. This involves maintaining an appropriate level of service to clients and producing a high standard of work. The requirement is that they must be technically proficient and up to date with developments in taxation law and relevant accounting standards, systems and processes and they will readily share their expertise with staff and colleagues. The Accountant is also responsible for meeting productivity targets and providing feedback and guidance to junior staff members. The expectation is that they will be capable of passing on a completed assignment back to their Supervisor for review. The Accountant will also assist the Manager in helping to guide a junior staff.
|S.no||Performance indicator||Measurement of performance indicator||Assessment period|
|1||Productivity and Sales||Achieve a minimum personal productivity of 80%|
Write offs average out at 10% over the year and on a monthly basis. Refer 5 clients per quarter to the other service departments/offering within the organisation.
|2||Client Management||Maintain client retention to greater than 90% of total value of your clients. Maintain debtors to less than 10% of clients within current month.||6 months|
|3||Reporting||Ensure that all end of month reporting, financial forecasts, operation and capital budgets are accurate and completed on time and financial notes clearly communicate effective solutions.|
Completed on time, with clean accurate notes.
|4||Oversee payable and receivable||Ensure that payable and receivables are in line with cash flow forecasts and terms of credit||6 months|
|5||Taxation Obligations||Ensure compliance work including BAS, tax GST, SMSF FS & ITRs, PAYG, P+L, Balance sheets, payroll, work cover, returns are in line with ATO|
due dates and kept up to date.
|6||Bank reconciliations||Conducted weekly||6 months|
Other roles and responsibilities
- Reviews Client Tax Returns and Accounts prepared by the accounting / outsourced team
- Responds to client queries promptly, within 24-48 hours
- Solves client concerns in a proactive manner
- Looks after the commercial interests of the firm and the client
- Responsibility to mentor, train and delegate tasks to Graduates
- Assist management with identifying areas of improvement across the firm including processes and efficiencies
- Must have professional approach and the ability to self-manage and identify matters that require action and complete either by self or through delegation to the team
- Bank Reconciliations, General Ledger Maintenance and Bookkeeping.
- Balance sheet reconciliations. Accounts Payable/Receivable management.
- Monthly reconciliations for debtor/creditor accounts.
- Processing up to Trial Balance stage and preparing financial statements for lodgement with the Australian Taxation Office.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts and reports, preparation of superannuation and income projections.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Prepare private tax returns, trust, partnership tax returns and End of year compliance jobs.
- Complete required tax reporting in a timely manner
- Prepare and update tax provision schedules
- Research and correct process errors that caused incorrect tax filings and negotiate with tax authorities over tax payment issues
- Devise tax strategies to defer or eliminate tax payments
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Is a product specialist (Xero, etc.) and can advise the other accountants as to how to proceed
- Has experience in being both task focused but see strategically for the client
- Some experience in developing a client base, networking and generating referrals
- Effective time management skills
- Proven history of demonstrating a strong client focus along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working towards CA or CPA Qualifications
- Bachelors of Business or Commerce with disciplines in Finance or Accounting
Interested in applying?
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com