At People & Partner (P&P) we are growing a team of people to deliver on our vision of being a quality Sydney CBD “Integrated Financial Advisory Business” (IFAB) – our team leaders and members are accountable to each other, working collaboratively and supportively, to bring to life this vision. Key to our success will be the attraction and retention of people who will live our values, take “ownership” of their career, and strive to be a positive and contributing team member.
Role: Advisory, Accounting & Tax – Senior Accountant (SA)
The key requirement of the SA role is to be a highly productive and functioning member of the team, managing work at volume and with technical knowledge and agility. They should have a high level of knowledge of business services and are able to complete work efficiently, recognise issues of concern and opportunities as they arise, and take steps to resolve or maximise those issues. Senior accountants develop a higher level of taxation knowledge beyond basic compliance and apply this knowledge to their work. A senior is expected to have a higher level of commercial knowledge.They should be technically proficient and be able to apply their knowledge to their work across a range of scenarios. Within this they should be able to provide support and guidance to graduates and intermediates in their team.
|S.no||Performance indicator||Measurement of performance indicator||Assessment period|
|1||Productivity||Meeting set productivity targets monthly||1 month|
|2||Culture||Adhearing and supporting our values and behaviuors.||3 months|
|3||Tasks||Meeting all tasks and assigned responsibilities as set in the job description||3 months|
Other roles and responsibilities
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Preparation and review of monthly and quarterly management reports
- Prepare and review deferred tax reconciliations
- Preparation of Company and individual income tax returns
- BAS reporting and reviewing BAS prepared by others
- Preparation of financial statements for business’s
- Preparation PAYG, payroll tax & FBT returns
- Assist with preparation of budgeting, 3 way cashflow reports and forecasting
- Manage a portfolio of clients
- Liaison with clients, bookkeepers, financial controllers, banks and government agencies
You will demonstrate:
- A minimum 1 year experience in a similar role
- Experience with Xero Microsoft office, ADP, fathom and other bookkeeping software
- Excellent organisation and time management skills and ability to work within set timeframes and meet deadlines.
- Good excel skills and generally good with any system
- Capacity to work autonomously and within a team
- Skill to be proactive and manage workflow
- Ability to represent the business by building and maintaining client rapport and relationships
- Positive office culture and have confidence and professionalism in all communications, written and interpersonal skills
- You will have undertaken relevant tertiary degree and will have CA/CPA accreditation. Developed through a solid work history in public practice, you will have a strong knowledge in accounting and business advisory services.
Interested in applying?
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com